Know Risk is a community education program designed by the Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF) to improve our understanding of insurance and how it relates to managing the many risks we all face in life.
Safety Tips for the Home
Safety tips for burglary prevention and home general precautions:
1. Install keyed window locks to windows.
2. Have a motion sensor light at the front and back of the house
3. If you have locks in place - use them!
4. Photograph assets like paintings, antiques and other valuables.
5. Don't let unauthorised people into your home.
6. Don't put ID on a key ring
7. Note the serial number of appliances.
8. Never leave notes on your door saying you’re not home.