Know Risk is a community education program designed by the Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF) to improve our understanding of insurance and how it relates to managing the many risks we all face in life.
Work Safe Responsibilities for Employers
Following is a list of Work Safe responsibilities employers have should an accident happen at work.
1. Contact the WorkSafe Incident Notification Unit on 132 360
2. Ensure the incident scene is not disturbed until a WorkSafe inspector arrives. The only reason a site should be disturbed is to protect someone’s health or safety.
3. Complete and send an incident notification form to WorkSafe within the following 48 hours.
4. To lodge an incident notification form, you can either:
-Complete an Online Incident Notification Form using the reference number issued to you when you notified WorkSafe
-Submit the form to WorkSafe via the Internet.
5. Print a copy of the submitted form for your records.