Know Risk is a community education program designed by the Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF) to improve our understanding of insurance and how it relates to managing the many risks we all face in life.
Road Trip Checklist
Planning a long trip? Here’s a handy checklist before you set off.
1. Get a good nights' sleep the night before heading away.
2. Ensure your car has had a recent service with brakes, oil, water checked.
3. Map out your trip so there is plenty of time to get there and you aren't tempted to speed or skip rest stops.
4. Take regular breaks if you feel tired
5. Share driving where possible
6. Do not drink alcohol before or during a long trip.
7. Make sure all luggage is properly secured and won't become projectiles in the case of sudden braking..
8. Make sure luggage isn’t blocking the rear view window.