Know Risk is a community education program designed by the Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF) to improve our understanding of insurance and how it relates to managing the many risks we all face in life.
Keeping Track of your Superannuation
Throughout our working life, many of us change jobs or industries and swap to part time and casual hours, so it’s easy to lose track of your super or even have unclaimed super. You deserve to have all your entitlements at retirement.
1.Gather your super paperwork together and check the following:
- Your balance at the start and end of the year
- Your employer's payments during the year
- Any amounts you paid in
- Fees deducted
- Cost of insurance cover
- Tax taken out
If you don't understand the statement or think there is an error, contact your super fund.
2. Keep all your statements in a safe place.
- Check your employer's super contributions (employer's must pay contributions at least quarterly).
3. Lost super can be located through the Australian Tax Office’s free online search tool, Supersearch.
Find more information on keeping track of your super.