Know Risk is a community education program designed by the Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF) to improve our understanding of insurance and how it relates to managing the many risks we all face in life.
Home Safety Checklist for the Holidays
If you’re planning to go away, this simple checklist can help prevent possible break-ins.
1. Put bright lights over porches and walkways in the front and back.
2. Ensure all locks are in working order.
3. Keep shrubs and bushes under house windows trimmed so burglars cannot hide.
4. Don't leave tools, toys or equipment in the yard.
5. Ensure shades and curtains are closed
6. Arrange for a family member or friend to collect your mail.
7. Make your home look as though someone is there.
For more details on home safety check out this checklist.