Know Risk is a community education program designed by the Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF) to improve our understanding of insurance and how it relates to managing the many risks we all face in life.
Good Health Checklist
1. For healthy eating eat lots of fruits and vegetables and reduce your intake of fats and sugars.
2. Exercise. Try to do 30 minutes of moderate exercise daily.
3. Fitness level. If you can walk a kilometre in less than 18-20 minutes or can walk up a flight of stairs without getting puffed then you are probably in reasonable cardiovascular shape.
4. Flexibility is important. To test your level, sit on the floor and stretch out your legs, keeping them flat on the floor. If you can touch your toes you are reasonably flexible.
5. Stress. Try to keep stress levels to a minimum. Learn to manage your stress, try not to let things get to you and make sure to set time aside to relax just for you.
6. Alcohol and Smoking. Limit your consumption of alcohol and choose not to smoke.
7. Check ups. Visit your doctor periodically to conduct blood pressure, blood glucose and cholesterol tests. Also skin cancer screenings. Pap smears and breast exams for women, prostate and testicular screenings for men.